Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peace

This Christmas season I find myself longing for one thing above all else: peace.  When there is chaos all around how is peace even possible?   The answer is Jesus. 

Not one of us can orchestrate our lives (or anyone else's lives) to be free from pain, suffering and the chaos around us.  What we do have control over is our attitude and where we turn when life becomes hard.  Turning to Jesus in times of stress or pain doesn't take away the situation - but it can change our heart and make it easier to bear.  

Yes, I do still long for peace in the situations around me.  I do long for suffering to end.  I do long for relationships to be healed.  I long for those who are sick to be healed.  I long for war to end.  I long for orphans to have homes.  I long for crime to end.  I long for everyone to have the hope and peace that Jesus only can provide.  But for the deepest part of me I am learning (I have so far to go) to embrace the peace  and joy that is given me through Jesus even though my heart is so heavy with the chaos all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment