Saturday, June 4, 2011

Get Away

On Memorial Day when the rest of the world was heading back to work after vacations my sweet Husband and I started off on an adventure.  We said good-bye to regular every day life and took 3 full days and nights to do absolutelly nothing -- well nothing except:
swinging in the hammock (until it got drenched by one of many rainstorms)

making and eating healthy camp food (salmon patties, corn on the cob, and asperagus with fresh garlic
napping - I seriously took a two hour nap every day which was so wonderful!

reading - Hind's Feet onHigh Places - an excellent book which I read as a child and now am re-reading out loud to my Farmer.  (I will be sharing some bits in this blog)

playing mad libs and laughing our heads off (laughter is the best medicine!)

enjoying the beauty of Creation (these are wilkd trillium) on hikes

I hope you all can have the chance to take some time away from everyday life and enjoy the simple things.  Sometimes just stepping back gives life such clarity and peace.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. My Husband and sons are campers, but I don't think I would try to go with them. I did as a kid, but now I like my nice soft bed and clean sheets! So glad you had a good time!
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun - although I am really not an avid camper and honestly prefer a cozy bed and the ability to take a shower or bath. It was worth it to get away with my Husband. :)

    ReplyDelete