Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Summer!

Today is the first day of summer and I just wanted to say Happy Summer to you!  If you live in the Pacific Northwest like I do you are probably thrilled to see the sunshine today after a long winter of cold and rain.

It is important and healthy for us to ENJOY the world around us even when we might just feel like crawling into bed some days.  It is important for us to rejoice in the beauty God has given us in nature and in people around us, in music and literature and art.  It is not only healthy for us but it also makes us more fun to be around.  I don't know about you, but I get tired of being around people who are always complaining or never able to see the sunshine because of the clouds.  It is a discipline to look at the beauty in a world that holds pain, but it is possible only because of Jesus Christ. 

Here is a picture of me in my veggie garden taken last week:
Yes I'm in my PJs ;)  This garden is something that makes me smile.  I just love it!  I love the feeling that I planted these potatoes, peas and brocolli.  I love showing my husband what is coming up.  I love the feeling of cooking something I have grown from seed. 

What makes you smile?  I would love to hear about what things you are rejoicing in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment