Monday, October 1, 2012

Timing and Sunsets

Timing in life is sometimes annoying.  For example - over five years ago I had two nerve simulators implanted into my low back to help treat the symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis.  It's been GREAT and so helpful for me over these five years.  So in October I am really busy with lots of events happening in the family - and of course one of my batteries died and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. 

So it feels like all I am doing is going back and forth trying to figure out how to get time off work and manage getting everything else done that needs doing - oh and did I mention that I am taking college classes too?  There have been plenty of months that have been pretty low key - and it is frustrating that the time I need to have surgery is one of the most busy months of the year!

I was feeling so overwhelmed this evening when I remembered that I promised my Husband that I would water the yard (we've had a very dry late summer and fall so far).  So after serving dinner I went out to try and water quickly before it got dark so it would be done when he gets home later tonight.  As I looked around at the lawn that needs mowing (a job I have taken over lately and enjoy for the exercise!)  and dodging mole hills (by the way if anyone knows how to get rid of moles let me know!) when I happened to glance up at the sky.  We live in a valley so don't usually have much view of the sunset - but tonight when I looked up I saw the most beautiful sky.  A bright teal blue with little fluffy wisps of pink cotton candy clouds.  It literally took my breath away.  And suddenly I knew that everything is going to be ok.  This surgery will work out in God's timing.  My days for recovery will work out, all the events we have will work themselves out and I will make it through this month.   If I hadn't HAD to water the plants - and if I hadn't been so busy all day that I forgot until 7 pm - I would have missed that beauty!  Thank God for HIS timing - when my timing feels so impossible.  Thank God that He brings beauty out of even a crazy day!  HE is good!

It can be so difficult when life gets messy and crazy and since I don't like stress it can make me get so focused on just getting through that I loose sight of the beauty and peace that is available to me if I just slow down enough to see.  There is no situation that is too much for God and if I stop trying to manage my fear, my responsibilities, and the craziness that is all around I can partake of the peace and joy that is offered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment