Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BACK finally and diving into the Word of God in relation to pain and suffering!

Hi Friends! I am so sorry that I have not been blogging lately - my sweet husband and I moved at the beginning of June and just yesterday finally got internet installed! I have missed my semi-daily blogging - and this discipline of writing lately so am very excited to be back!

Since this month i am trying to focus on God and illness. suffering, pain I wanted to share a passage in the Bible that has been great encouragment to me: Isaiah 43:1-2

God Speaking: " Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Isreal, you Savior."

About two years ago I had surgery to inplant some ellectrical boxes into my back - I believe I have mentioned this before - but I was awake for the entire surgery - and it was very painful as the surgeon guided the wires through my secrum! My dear Pastor Phil Stevenson had given our Church this passage in Isaiah to memorize and thankfully I had done so. As the surgeon cut into my back and began working I said this passage over and over again. It gave me great peace during this painful surgery.

One thing that I have noticed is that in this passage God is saying that His peaple WILL have troubles - they will pass through waters, fire etc. He doesn't say that they might but that when they DO ... I have heard many so called Christians talk about how if we are really loving and following God we will have nothing but "good" things happen in our lives. I just don't see that in Scripture. Some of the most precious and faithful men and women of God suffered greatly in Scripture. I want to be willing to suffer if it will bring me closer to loving God - I want to be willing to call on Him through the waters and fire that often surround me and to know His peace that passes all understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment