Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Come to the Garden



This past month has been full of things I never want to experience again. I'm sorry that I really haven't blogged much at all, and to say that life have been crazy would be an understatement. There has been a lot of grief in our lives and decisions that we have had to make that have been very hard. The last 3 days I have hardly felt like I was alive - just waking up and doing what needed to be done, trying to get through another day with as few tears as possible. Thank God that my husband has been with me every step of the way and we have had each other to hold onto when so much that we love has been threatened. Today I noticed that the garden was dry so out I headed to water. As the refreshing water fell on the glossy leaves of roses, and sunshiney faces of snap dragons, and the lady-like petals of geraniums, this simple melody popped into my head followed by beautiful words and before I knew it I was singing in the quiet of the garden. The joy that burst from my very tired heart in that moment was incredible. Even in the very dark times of our lives, dealing with pain physical or emotional, God is there wanting to spend a moment with us to sooth our troubled brow and give us peace and joy in HIM no matter the circumstances. I rejoice in His beauty and goodness - and I choose to rest in His peace tonight.

Take a moment to listen to this hymn - I found this U-tube video and the voice this girl has is perfect for the simple truth in these words.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite songs as well and another that regularly fills my heart in the early morning is "When Morning Gilts the Skies"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ZjM2WMSJQ

    Such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing aunt Susan! I also love that hymn - so wonderful to find hymns that capture some of our deepest love with the Creator!

    ReplyDelete