Wednesday, November 2, 2011

beauty

As I turned the corner I was enveloped in light.  It literally took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful.  The trees covered with red leaves made a tunnel of the road and as I drove through I was overwhelmed by the immense beauty of creation - and because I know Who made those trees my heart was turned to worship. 

Beauty.

The bad news and sad news is all around us.  Suffering is part of the human condition - and it will be part of each person's experience in one way or another during our time of this earth.  We need to each be doing all we can to face the darkness and make even a "small" difference by bringing light.  But, one thing I have found to be helpful when I feel overwhelmed by the sadness and sickness and suffering all around (and in) me, is to focus on the beauty that is still very evident if we just open our eyes to it.

Like the leaves yesterday.  I was in a hurry - trying to get to a doctor appointment which was making me nervous because I have never driven to this doctor or even on this hwy - and I am dreadful with directions.  So I could have missed out on the beauty of that magical moment in the tree tunnel, but I decided to enjoy to drive even though I was nervous.  And in the end I made it to my cardiologist just fine AND I got a beautiful reminder of the beauty of creation and the Creator on the way!

Take the time to open your eyes to the beauty God puts all around us - even in the midst of the busyness of life and the suffering you may be facing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment