Tuesday, July 27, 2010

what?

Last night I went to get dressed for bed and noticed that my left hip had a softball sized swelling under the skin. It has been hurting for a long time but the last few days it became more painful than ever and yesterday it really hurt. I haven't been able to get in to any of my doctors today --- and am unable to stand or sit or clime stairs or do much of anything without significant pain.

Next week we have family coming into town - and then the week after are supposed to go on a famiy vacation. We've been in the middle of a remodel and I have so many things on my list to do in the next few days ... but now here I lay unable to do anything. It is frustrating and easy to loose hope. Things like this seem to make the stereotypes even worse - will my family think that I am lazy to not have more on the remodle done? Will friends who are waiting to hang out with me think that I just don't care about them? They might. I guess all that I can do is not focus on what people might think - but to stand on what I know is true and in this case - i simply cannot do as much as I would like to do.

It's just part of living with chronic pain - you can't know what is going to happen and often the body makes decisions that you wouldn't choose .. ok back to resting for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment