Tuesday, September 14, 2010

healthy and yummy!

Back to my healthy living tips:

Tonight I had something so yummy and SO simple that I wanted to share with you all. First of all: many people with inflamatory disorders cannot eat nightshade veggetables like potatoes and tomatoes. I for one REALLY miss potatoes because they have always been such a comfort food for me (until i realized that they hurt my joints to pieces!). The wonderful thing that I have found is that sweet potatoes and yams are not related to potatoes in the same way and so at least for me they don't affect my joints! Tonight I was in a hurry because i was busy organizing the home (I have been trying to get as much done as I can since the cold weather is coming and I may be laid up soon with swelling around my heart). So I just took one sweet potato and one yam and washed them. Cut them into pieces and popped into a corningware casserole with some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Baked at 350 for about a half hour and YUM! I served them with butter and salt and they were so so so yummy! I have found that sweet potatoes are also yummy with butter and brown sugar or honey for breakfast. I am always happy when I find yummy and simple meal ideas. Just thought I would share!

Hope all of my friends with chronic pain are having a lovely day! keep on looking to God for your strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment