Friday, September 17, 2010

Job 6:10

"But it is still my consolation, And I rejoice in unsparing pain, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One. " - Job 6:10

Resently, a young friend sent me a message with this verse and told me that he wasn't sure how I did it, but that this verse reminded him of me. This is a verse in the classic Biblical story of Job - who was tested by Satan to deny God by causing all kinds of horrible circumstances in Job's life. He was given terrable boils covering his body - I have heard that these are extreamly painful - to the point where you cannot find a comfortable possition. Job had friends come and try to give him advise, Job's own wife told Job to, "curse God and die". Job wanted to die - but he was committed to not denying the God he had chosen to worship.

This historical character has gone on to give hope and challenge people all over the world to trust God and to not deny Him even when life hurts continually and doesn't make sence.

I certainly desire to be like Job. God give me the strength to rejoice in pain even though it never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment