Wednesday, December 8, 2010

school days

Chemistry I could do without - but the other classes were so much fun today! No - I didn't start school, I went with my husband to see what his days are like at his college. He had been asking me over and over to go with him, and part of me knew that if I went I would be more dissatisfied with a life that I am trying so hard to BE satisfied with every day - sometimes every moment. As I had mentioned before, I went to school for many years but, I think that I had about 5 surgeries while I was in school - so I ended up coming home and dropping out - then feeling stronger and goes back to school ... I spent 10 years going back and forth this way - without going into debt for any of it! But I feel like not finishing is saying that my illness won in this case. Have I mentioned that I have a rather strong stubborn streak? I just don't like to have my ill health determine or stop me from completing something I started. I know that God uses health issues to lead us and to show us His will --- but I also know that people can be knocked down too fast sometimes when pursuing their goals. I don't like giving up when I am so close ...

I want to go back to school.

My going to school is very out of reach from my perpective. I am doing all I can to get my husband through school - working as caregiver for my sweet Grandma to pay our rent - which keeps me at home 95% of the time. Keeping both houses running saps my energy. We live paycheck to paycheck the two of us working 3 regular jobs and a couple extra or odd jobs. We have committed to being debt free which means that we are taking no student loans and paying a pretty high monthly tuition fee - thanks to so many schalarships we are making it. I don't know how we could cover two tuitions even for one year. BUT, if God wants me to do this I believe He will provide a way. It may never happen - but I am going to take the first step and get my trsnscripts transfered to see what I could do and how many classes I would need to complete my degree.

All I can do is knock on the door - and pray.

God's will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment