Thursday, November 18, 2010

Obsessed

My husband and I are in a study on Loving God above everything else. We have been exploring the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and last week was about being obsessed with Jesus. I want the kind of obsession that everyone can see. I want God to mean everything to me above all the things that this world strives for every day. I thought that today I would share some quotes from the book that I thought were really perfect for the topic of suffering in relation to being obsessed with Jesus. I pray that these will be an encouragment to you wherever you are today.

"People who are obsessed are raw with God; they do not attemp to mask the ugliness of their sins or their failures. Obsessed people don't put it on for God; His is their safe place, where they can be at peace."

"A person who is obsessed with Jesus is more concerned with his or her character than comfort. Obsessed people know that true joy doesn't depend on circumstances or environment; it is a gift that must be chosen and cultivated, a gift that ultimately comes from God." (see James 1:2-4)

Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment