I am sure that many of your enjoyed a day with family or friends around a dining table enjoying time together and a wonderful meal. I enjoyed two such dinners only 3 hours apart with both my inlaws and my extended family. It was wonderful, and at both dinners we had the opportunity to say what we were thankful for: well, let me rephrase: we had the opportuniy to BEGIN to say what we were thankful for - because if we each went through and said everything we are thankful for it would take years. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is a small list of my thanks to God:
1. First of all for a personal relationship with God - without this my life would feel empty even if I had everything I wanted.
2. for my sweet husband who knows me and loves me entirely and makes me want to be the best I can be
3. For parents who love each other
4. for neices and nephews who give me so many hours of joy
5. For my siblings and friends
6. that my husband has work
7. that my husband gets to go to school
8. for a home to live in
9. for food and a warm bad
10. running water
11. our church family
12. for music
13. for my piano
14. for light and electricity
15. for internet to help me stay connected
16. for medications
17. for photos and memories
18. for the ability to walk, talk, see, hear, taste, feel
19. for trees
21. bird and squirrels that give Grammie and I so many hour of entertainment
22. for transportation when we need to go places
23. for clothes to wear and shoes
24. for warm water
25. for poetry
26. for books
27. for the Bible
28. for prayer and that I can talk to God anywhere at any time
29. for chairs and table to eat with friends around
30. even for the pain that is my constant teacher as I walk through life ....
I could go on and on and I want to practice gratefulness in every area of my life. God has given so much and used so many things to teach me of His love and grace in my life and in others ...
Take some time to share thanksgiving by making a comment on my blog! Let's encourage each other!