Thursday, April 21, 2011

BE right where you are

I just got home from spending an hour and a bit at the local Senior Center at their "Senior Singers" class.  No, I'm not lying about my age - I am really 32 - but God has blessed me with a social calendar lately that is more made up of 80-90 somethings than 20-30 somethings.  I say blessed because it IS such a blessing!  To be able to hang around people who have been through most of their life - seen history in the making, raised children, succeeded in long marriages, lived through the deepest griefs of their lives yet still have joy in their hearts .. and more.    I want to learn all that I can from these ladies and men.   There is such wisdom and beauty that only comes with age.

As we sat there singing songs like: "Swanee", "Moon River", and "I've Been Workin' On the Railroad" my heart was very full.  I love old songs that have history and memories for so many generations. 

I know that to embrace this lifestyle I have been given, there have been certain changes to my social calendar.  And I really am ok with that. This way of living is really good for my health and good for my soul.  I don't want to waste any experience that God gives me as a gift.  I am VERY thankful for this time in my life that I get to spend with those who have gone before and who can teach me important life lessons.  I am rejoicing in the blessings that He pours out on me as I yeild to whatever it is He wants me to do in this moment. 

Life is VERY good if we allow God to be the One in control and if we jump in 100% wherever He leads us.

No comments:

Post a Comment