Friday, April 23, 2010

Take a deep Beath

Breathing. I think sometimes especially in times of deep pain you can forget to breath and that only makes it worse. Sometimes the best pain managment tool is just to step back and take a deep deep breath. Women who have gone through the pain of childbirth know that focus on breathing can get you through a lot of unimmaginable pain. Breathing deep can help the body relax, get the oxygen that is needed to keep going and just create a pause in the pain. When the pain is too bad to breath deeply breathing ryhmicly can be very useful. I think it is because breathing rythmicly helps keep your mind on something other than the pain. I also find that anything rythic - rocking while holding an exercise ball, moving my foot ... anything that keeps my mind off the pain is very helpful.

I would love to know what you do to help with your pain - specific tools that are helping you day to day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment