Monday, April 19, 2010

unconditional love

People who accept you the way you are. I am learning that people like this are rare (especially when you are different than what the world you live in calls "normal") and also that people who love and accept who you are are a GREAT pain managment tool. Being rejected, or scoffed at, or excluded .. all of these things make it harder to manage and accept the pain you have. I know that I need to work more on not caring so much what others think of me, but I can testify that when others make me feel stupid for the pain I am in, I find that I suddenly can't handle the pain I am in, I feel angry at my pain, and I feel useless and unfit to be in a world that doesn't accept me. The power that we as fellow humans have over other humans is great indeed. The way any of us treats another person can have a huge impact on the way they feel and this can affect the way they handle things like pain. I want to be the kind of person always who loves and accepts those who are around me, even if they are different or unpopular or disabled in any way. I know what it feels like to be on the other side wanting to be loved and accepted so badly, but finding myself alone.

What do I do in those times when people have failed to accept me? I turn to the One who always accepts me and doesn't care if i am different or in pain or not in the "In" crowd. He is always there, and even if the words and actions of those I long to accept me cause tears, my God will always take me into His great arms and let me feel His unending, unconditional love. That love is the best pain managment tool of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment