Friday, February 19, 2010

Will Rogers on Pain

"Pain is such an uncomfortable feeling that even a tiny amount of it is enough to ruin every enjoyment."

- Will Rogers

I have to strongly disagree with this quote. I think that this is what many people truly believe - and how tragic! Pain is part of this earthly life and if it actually had that kind of power than God would never have commanded us to rejoice ALWAYS. God doesn't ask us to do what is impossible - and even the things that we feel are impossible aren't with Him involved! I am so so so thankful that even the sickness and pain I feel today are not enough to take away the last drop of enjoyment from my life! The birds are singing and the sun is shinning as if it were spring - it is a glorious day outside. I rejoice in these things that pain cannot take from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment