Thursday, March 11, 2010

His Prayers

My husband just got home from work. I was laying on my favorite place of the floor in a nest of pillows and blankets watching TV. He came in and asked how I was feeling and I told him that I was feeling the same: pain and nausea. He told me that he was so sad because he had been praying fervently all day long for God to make me well.

He prayed ALL DAY LONG. For me.

How am I supposed to respond to that? I love this man more than I knew it was possible to love a human being, and he loves me and he wants me to be well. He pleads with the Creator of the Universe ALL DAY LONG for me to be healed from the pain and illness that plague my body. But I am still sick. I desire more than many thing to be able to just lie about how I feel and to make him happy. But in the long run that wouldn't work. He would know the truth. How can I be a good wife to this man who grieves over my sickness and pain?

By facing even this un-ending pain and illness with JOY. I see my husband's face relax when he sees me smile or laugh even through the pain. I see his eyes sparkle when I tell him that it will be ok, that I am still happy.

My joy and faith in God is the best way to love this dearest of men. And NOTHING can take that away from me!

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that you have a husband who loves you so much. I totally empathize. Sometimes it's tough feeling like such a burden to someone who's life you want to fill with joy. All I can do is make sure my husband knows how much I love him and appreciate all that he does for me. And I think he loves me enough to understand.

    ReplyDelete