Friday, March 26, 2010

Taking the Moments with both hands

whew! This week has felt so busy. I think mostly because I have not be having the time to lay on the couch or my cozy floor "nest" and watch TV. I never wated to be one who wated TV all day - but with the body I have sometimes that is the most relaxing and destracting thing that I can do to help myself rest like I am supposed to do. This week since we have been house-sitting I have done a lot of taking care of the house and cooking for my husband and guests. I could spent my time resenting the changes in my life and the instability that make me not have my own space and time as much anymore. Or I could enjoy the gifts that God has given to me with the use of the lovely home and such generous home-owners who allow my husband and I to help take care of their home. My husband loves it when I am happy - and I know it makes him so sad when I feel like I don't have a home of my own. So, for this time of not having a home of my own, I am working hard on not complaining to him or anyone about how hard it is to not have my own space. Rather, I am working on enjoying and taking small moments with both hands.

One such moment was today at lunch. I was busy trying to clean before the home-owner got home this evening, but my husband was home for lunch in between jobs. So rather than saying that I was too busy and super tired I made a point of having a bowl or left-over soup with him and making him eel loved and special and that I had time for him. It only took about 45 minutes in total - from getting the soup ready to sending him back out the door to his next job with a kiss.

Take the moments God gives you and rather than letting them slip by grab onto them with both hands to show the ones you love how much you love them. Don't waste one moment!

1 comment:

  1. I envy you (in a good way) that you find beauty and love in everything...even eating soup with your Hubby! You are an inspiration.
    mo

    ReplyDelete