Friday, March 12, 2010

Pizza

My husband laughed like a little boy as he played with the soft pizza dough that I had made - he said he had never made pizza like this before - and he was so so excited! I was nauseated and dizzy with pain. But I did my best to pop in and out of the kitchen to do a bit here and there with the pizza making. No, it wasn't the way I wanted it to be. It wasn't the kind of fun pizza making that I wanted to have as the first time we made pizza together. To be hnest, it wasn't enjoyable for me. I felt miserable. I wanted to die from the pain and nausea that I was feeling. But I knew that he would like making pizza and I knew that he would like eating pizza! So I did it for him. If I had been thinking of myself, I would have told him to make mac and cheese from the box for himself while I laid on the couch. But I wanted to do something for him to make his Friday night fun.

And it worked. And even though I felt horrible and didn't actually enjoy the making of the pizza - hearing his excitment actually made a fun memory for me too. It wasn't what I intended. But it made him smile - and in so doing made myself smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment