Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Love

As today is the last day of March I wanted to end our discusion about how to be a good wife/husband while in chronic pain with a focus on what LOVE rally is. In our cultue I find that the true love that God craeted is often messed up and confused with things that it definately is NOT. How can we change our view of love into what it really is? The clearest picture of true love that I have ever found is in the Bible in 1 Corinthians. Many of us have heard this passage over and over again at weddings, or preached for Valentine's Day etc. But Have we really taken the time to look at each description of what love is? One very good way to measure how you match up with trye love is by simply taking LOVE (or it's adjective) and replace it with your own name. Every time I do this I feel humbled and I see which areas I need to work on. I truly believe that if we consiously and diligently practice love as describled here in regard to our spouces we will naturally do all the things that I have written about this month in being a good spouce. It all boils down to love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
5It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

8Love never fails.

1 comment:

  1. That is just lovely. I had that read at my wedding too, like thousands of other couples. Using my name instead of "love" gave me goosebumps. I do not measure up to each of them, but this really made me think about myself. I am going to share this with my husband tonight.
    Thanks.........Maureen is patient and kind!

    ReplyDelete