Monday, January 11, 2010

Count Your blessings

Have you ever watched the old Pollyanna movie with Haley Mills? It was one of my favorites growing up. I loved the "Glad Game" that she played to encourage herself and others. Many times our attitude regarding illness and hard times can be changed with a resolved strong will and a simple game! Yes, pain is horrible - it changes dream, ruins moments - BUT there are many things to be GLAD about. Here is my list for today:

I am glad that I live in a place with running water and heat, electricity

I am glad for the food network to keep me occupied

I am glad for Internet access and a laptop

I am glad that my husband will be home soon

I am glad for God's Word the Bible to encourage me

I am glad for conversations with friends ..

I could go on and on - but I hope the principle is clear: even on days when pain is overwhelming (today has been a high pain day) I am choosing to be glad and I think that you can do the same if you put your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment