Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Days Like These

No matter who you are, what your health status is, what your financial status is, what your marital status is ... EVERYONE has days that try the resolve of the soul.

Today is such a day for me. I feel like going crazy with the pain I am having, with the uncertainty of my health, with not knowing exactly what is going on inside my body ...BUT I am convinced that there are good things and that even today I can be happy - maybe not the way the world says but my different kind of happy.

I am happy that today is almost over, that I can view this day as test that I passed with an ok grade. I didn't sink into depression - I took all my energy and resolve to do the few things that needed to be done and I did some of them. I didn't do everything I wanted to get done, but I didn't just shrivel up and give up either. I lived today. I made it through today. Sometimes that in itself is a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment