Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stress

Have you ever been around someone who made your blood pressure rise just by being in the same room? Over the years I have come to the conclusion that there are just some people who are addicted to stress. They are always running, always doing, never resting, never having "down time". They seem to thrive on stress - they might even say that the pressure makes them more productive and makes them successful. They might be right.

But my problem is when I begin to take that stress on myself. I enjoy(oh how I enjoy!) peace and quiet. I thrive when things are organized and when I can do things at my own pace (which I admit is a lot slower than many). But when I get around someone who is running at the speed of sound I begin to feel that my quiet life is not good enough. I feel like maybe I am missing something, that somehow my health has robbed me of something that I should have: stress! When I write it down it seems so silly! I almost envy someone who has so much to do and is able to function on no sleep or food or peace ... that is when I need to step back and take a deep breath. God has given me such a blessing in this fast-paced world. He has given me an illness that requires me to have a life of rest, a life of peace. I may look totally different than most people in America - but I am happy. When I look at my life as a whole - this is the life I would choose - pain and all.

They can have their stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment