Saturday, January 23, 2010

Taking Time Alone

I tossed and turned a lot last night - and the lack of good sleep always tends to make me a little irritable the next day. I have found that what is essential for me to handle a new day especially on a lack of sleep is to spend time alone praying and reading the Bible. What this does for me is to help remind me that I am not alone, and to focus my mind on something other than myself and my pain.

Last night before bed I was also struggling with pain, when my sweet husband mentioned that he would like to hear me play the piano. I can't sing much right now, but I began to play and sing softly, and miraculously my attitude changed. It was the same principle of getting outside of myself and focusing on something other than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment