Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Pain. It was the first sensation I felt as I woke up to this New Year 2010. Most of the time it is the first thing I feel. But this year I have decided that I want to find a way to look past my physical illness and pain, past the emotional pain and find a different kind of happy. So often people tell me that because I am sick I have a crummy life and it makes me want to scream in their faces because this is the life that has been given to me, and I want to make the most of it. I don't want to waste it in self-pity. I have read a lot of blogs about people in chronic pain, and usually I come away wishing that I didn't have to be in the pain club with people who are just set on whining and complaining. There has to be a way to find true joy and meaning in life in the middle of suffering. There has to be redemption even of pain (which EVERY person faces in one way or another) and I am determined to find it.

So I wish you (whoever you are out there) a Different Kind of Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Alicia! For holding yourself accountable for living a life that you believe in: finding a different kind of joy, and throwing away one you don't: living in discontent and unsatisfaction. There is such purpose in your life, God has such a beautiful plan! And the example you present definitely convicts me, others I'm sure! I delight to be with you through this, and my prayer is that you, and I!, and anyone else who seeks, will find and live a different kind of happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete